Tuber Tonic | Turmeric Tea
Even though it's made by a tea company, Tuber Tonic is a tonic in the true sense of the word. With its ingredients, all organic turmeric, ginger, elderberries, cinnamon and black pepper, it is a healthful wonder. Since it was created, in November of 2014, it has rapidly gained in popularity. Most people who taste it, want it.
Now, it is even easier to make. With experimentation, I've found an easy way to make Tuber Tonic! Simply put three tablespoons of Tuber Tonic in a 2-liter thermos and fill it with boiling water; allow it to sit for 30 minutes to overnight. I have it sit overnight because I like it very strong. Pour off the Tuber Tonic and pour in another quart of boiling water for a second pot.
Pictured are a few ways to make and serve Tuber Tonic, also an example of what happens to cups of Tuber Tonic left unattended.
1. Open Ended Teabags or Infusers: put one Tablespoon of Tuber Tonic in an infuser or bag with a pint of water ,and infuse for 10 minutes, or boil for 2 to 4 minutes. May be reused once or twice or more.
2. Coffee Percolator: fill percolator with water, place Tuber Tonic in basket,plug it in. can be left plugged in all day without damaging taste.
3. Press Pot: Place Tuber Tonic in pot, fill with boiling water, allow to steep for 10 minutes or more. Second infusion will be stronger than the first.
4. Tea Kettle: this is a no-brainer, most people wait to be sure the Tuber Tonic is in their lives before designating a tea kettle to it.
5. Teapot with Large Infuser: this is best if you find a teapot that is safe being heated on the stove.
6. Saucepan: generally the first step when you start out. Once you discover that you want it often, you will get creative with different ways to make it.
7. Thermos: Depending how strong you like your Tuber Tonic, and the size of the thermos, add 2 to 4 Tablespoons to a thermos filled with boiling water. Allow mixture to sit anywhere from one hour to overnight.
8. Sun Tea: So easy! Put Tuber Tonic in a gallon jar with hot water, leave it in a window or outside in the sun for one day. Ice and serve.
Rule of thumb: 1 Tablespoon Tuber Tonic per pint of water, 2 Tablespoons per Quart.
Many of these items can be found on our accessories page, buy some Tuber Tonic, then check out the accessories.